|2||Individual Morality and Social Justice||Frick||MWF 10-11||Valley Life Sci 2040|
This course aims to introduce you to a range of philosophical debates in clinical and population-level bioethics. Among the topics in clinical bioethics that we will discuss are
· Physician-assisted suicide and euthanasia
· Pre-commitment in bioethics
· Genetic enhancement
· The Non-Identity Problem
In population-level bioethics, questions we will discuss include
· The concept of disability
· The measurement and valuation of health
· Cost-effectiveness and disability-discrimination
· Bioethics in a Time of Pandemic: Quarantine, Triage, Drug Trials
· Health inequalities and justice
· Personal and social responsibility for health
· Paternalism, nudges, and incentives
· Standards of care in clinical trials in the US and abroad.
Previously taught: SP22, FL21, SU21D, SU21A, SP21, FL20, SU20D, SU20A, SP20, FL19, SU19D, SU19C, SU19A, SP19, FL18, SU18D, SU18C, SU18A, FL17, SU17D, SU17C, SU17A, SP17, FL16, SU16D, SU16C, SU16A, FL15, SU15D, SU15A, SP15, SU14D, SU14A, SP14, SU13D, SU13A, FL12, SU12D, SU12A, FL11, SU11D, SU11A, SP11, SU10D, SU10A, SP10, SU09D, SU09A, FL08, FL07, SU07D, FL06, SU06A, FL05, SU05D, SP05, FL04, SU04D, SU04A, SP04, FL03.